Monday, March 8, 2010

Day One: orientation


For the doctors who are reading this: just when you think you have seen it all, today I was warned about mothers who put Mountain Dew into the baby bottles of their toddlers! Yes, Mountain Dew!!!!!!!! Apparently, there are a number of mothers who do this in town and one of the patient education tips I am supposed to give is to advise against this. Hmm...I may have to hide my sugar free red bull habit otherwise I am a total sham. Also, how come it takes almost 2 months to go through credentialing at any hospital in the city, but up here...it took less than 9 days?
In the meantime, I oriented to the hospital today and have to say, city folk need to take a lesson in friendlyness-everyone and I mean, everyone says good morning and asks how you are doing with a great big smile. Amazing! I certainly felt welcome. And the nurses in L&D had created a giant poster of body builders with the heads of the doctors cut out and put on top of the bodies. Hilarious.
And finally, I joined the only gym in town...the Malone YMCA, which I found out today is an old armory which was sold to the city for $1 and then leased out to the Y. I can't complain, membership is $27 per month and yes, the have precor machines. Unfortunately, there aren't pilates or the delicious smelling shower gels of Equinox but hey, I will be able to work out daily!
Ok, more tomorrow folks. Mountain Dew in a bottle for toddlers. That's the thought I'll leave you all with. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment